Do robots dream of electric sheep?

 It's hard for me to pinpoint which, of all the pieces of technology I'm in contact with on a daily basis, is my favourite. So to narrow things down I started to think, which one of these gives me the most happiness? and the answer to that is my Nintendo Gamecube, I mean is a piece of old tech from the early 2000s, and I haven't used it since 2009 approximately, I will explain why in a bit, but it is undoubtedly the piece of tech that has given me more happiness throughout my life.

First off I got it as a reward, for getting better grades when I was in 8th grade3, and although I didn't reach the goal that was set, for the second year in a row and by 0.5 and 0.2 points respectively, my dad considered that I was putting enough effort to get it. When I opened my Christmas present I was ecstatic, I mean I wasn't expecting it, in my mind, I had failed so it was a fresh start the next year. That night we played with my brother, and the next week we got a second controller, so we could play "Smash bros" together. And so began the first family console we got ever, we bought some new games, with a lot of saving up and waiting for the delivery, and spent the whole afternoon playing with my brother sometimes. I remember those times very fondly, it was a chance to be doing something together as a family of three, and even if we got pissed because we lost or something the good times outweigh the bad ones.

It still is in its original box, inside a closet, we can't use it anymore though. In 2009 someone broke into our home and stole a bunch of things, among them were the two original controllers we had, we tried alternatives, the originals were not sold anymore, but to no avail so we just gave up. I have the hope I can get some original controllers and get playing with my favourite piece of technology in the world.



Comentarios

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It's so sad that someone bunch your console because not just steal this piece of technology but also steal precious family memories! :'(

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares