Dreaming of work?

 To be quite frank I don't think I have a dream job per se. Though I would love to work in some areas, doing design work or maybe illustration work, I haven't thought about a single occupation I would love to pursue.



In a way, I think illustration is something I have always dreamed of doing my whole life, but not necessarily as a job in the traditional way. To further explain it, I want to be able to live drawing, but it would be best for me to live out of my "creations" than doing only commissioned work, in that sense, I have always tough of drawing as a way of expressing myself and explore different creative settings.

For it, it is necessary to have curiosity, that would be the most relevant skill I can point out. Without the need for knowledge it is nearly impossible to better one's skills at drawing, or any field for that matter, but even more so, when we talk about art is mandatory to be curious in a way that makes possible the cross-pollination between people and fields of knowledge.

It is also of prime importance to always look for new and different ways and techniques of putting to the page what resides inside your mind.



Now if we move on to the topic of money it is very dependent on where you stand in terms of creative preferences and the type of work you are willing to do. There are a lot of successful commission artists that specialize in niche markets that really pay dividends. On the other hand, there are artists that dedicate themselves to the creation of pieces, be it illustrations, comics, paintings, or digital art, that make a living off of their publications or finished products, the catch here is to make yourself recognizable and also to find your very own art style. The second way is also a little bit more cumbersome, but the results are usually long-lasting.

Right now I'm majoring in Graphic Design, which is a kind of academic near-field, that allows me to have my diploma and profession while learning how to produce and set up my creations in a very competitive environment.

My most honest hope is to be able to live comfortably while my main income comes from my drawings, maybe I don't get there but giving up on the dream is out of the question.



Comentarios

  1. Of course, the dream is to make money with what you like doing. The language use is excellent: Grade 7

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares