so, where would i like to go to?

 It's quite hard to say exactly where I would like to travel to, there are a few countries that come to mind though. 

First on the list right now would be Finland, it seems like a really nice place to go on vacation, beautiful natural scenery, and good cuisine makes it an interesting destination for me.



My interest was piqued the first time when I was 12 years old, and reading "Journey to the center of the earth" I came across the city of Reikjávik, home to an imposing volcano and the mythical entrance to earth's very core. I had to go there, see what the characters had seen, and experience the awe-inspiring views firsthand.

It also hosts the St. Nicholas celebration around Christmas, where the Finns wait for Santa Claus to show up and give the young their presents. It is said that Santa comes from Korvantunturi, a place filled with snow and herds of wild reindeer roaming about.

Finally, I think that the northern lights are a magnificent display of nature's beauty and would like to get to see them before I depart from this world, I can just imagine the green night sky, the freezing cold, and my mind wondering, hwy are they so enthralling? it would certainly make you feel small, but in a kind, if positive way, like the universe, has endless possibilities for beauty and fascination.


Now if I had to choose, I think that studying there first is a good approximation to see if it is a place I would move to or not. Everything looks great in a travel brochure, but reality tends to be somewhat unkind.

In spite of that, Finland has won the happiest country award four years in a row, so it has that going for it. The thing is, Finnish is one of the most difficult languages to learn, so if I plan on going there I would have to learn some basic Finnish and maybe rely a little on my English.

Comentarios

  1. Finland is interesting and unique in several ways: language, people, it's on the edge of Europe--not really completely a part of it...
    Reykjavik isn't in Finland, but rather Iceland--though both have cold and snow in common.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares